I really enjoyed researching my round up of Family Festivals to look forward to in Sussex and Kent this Summer. One of the events that stands out as being something a bit different is the Black Deer Festival which takes place over the weekend of 22 – 24 June at Eridge Park just outside Tunbridge Wells.
Black Deer is a new Americana & Country Music Festival on a mission to not only bring real roots-inspired music to the UK, but also the way of life. Bringing you an experience like no other the festival promises a jam-packed weekend of celebrating all things Americana and Country!
You can expect an array of authentic americana-style meats, smokey whiskeys, bespoke custom bike showcases, storytellings from cultural pioneers, not to mention the incredible line-up of your favourite artists across the Americana, blues, roots, authentic country, folk and bluegrass genres. This family-friendly event encourages people of all ages to completely immerse themselves in all aspects of this culture celebrated by millions on either side of the Atlantic and delivering an authentic, Roots-style line up to the UK.
The event boasts some exciting live acts including Brighton-born, folk singer Passenger, blues sensation Eric Bibb….and even Kiefer Sutherland!
The team behind Black Deer have also made sure that any younger festival goers are well looked after with a dedicated Young Folk area for children. The emphasis on this family friendly area will be on giving little ones endless opportunities to explore through music, food, craft, or the great outdoors. The line up currently includes tree-top climbing, adventure survival lessons, kids cinema, creative workshops, music sessions, face painting and the awesome Woodland Tribe who we came across during our visit to Into the Trees last year.
It sounds like an incredible event and we certainly hope to be there. Please make sure you check out the official website for full details on the line up and how to purchase tickets.
Family Ticket Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoters are Black Deer Live Limited (“BDLL”) trading as and hereinafter referred to as “Black Deer Festival”:
2. This promotional free prize draw is open to residents of and visitors to the British Isles, aged 18 years or over, except employees (and their families) of BDLL.
3. This promotional competition is restricted to one (1) entry per person, aged 18 years and over. Proof of identity and age, may be required.
4. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
5. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
7. The four weekend camping tickets prize (consisting of 2 adults, 2 children), is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
8. The tickets may not be used in conjunction with or in addition to any other discount, concession or other special offers or competition entries/prizes.
9. Exchange, re-sale or sale of the four adult day tickets is strictly prohibited.
10. The winner(s) is(are) responsible for all expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize.
11. The promoter accepts no liability for lost or stolen day tickets.
12. The promoter accepts no responsibility for loss of property/injuries/or accidents that may occur during your visit to the festival, or whilst taking part in any of the activities at the festival between 22nd to the 24th June 2018.
13. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace this offer without prior notification.
14. The validity dates of the entry to the promotion expires at 9pm on Friday May 25th.
15. Only one prize will be awarded.
17. Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by 9pm on Friday May 25th by Jugglingonrollerskates.com.
18. The winner of the free prize draw will be notified by 10am, on Monday 28th May.
19. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
20. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
21. The Promoter is BDLL: Registered Office: Sundial House, High Street, Horse, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4SU. Website: www.blackdeerfestival.com