Tips for Creating an Itinerary for the perfect Disney Trip to Florida
For most families a trip to Florida is a once in a lifetime experience. For this very reason it’s important that you make the most of all the incredible opportunities available to you when you visit. Forward planning is crucial if you want to make the most of your visit, especially if you’re planning on including a trip to Disney in your stay…and let’s face it…what family goes to Florida without visiting Disney!?
Getting the most out of your Florida itinerary:
· Be prepared to visit a number of parks to make the most of your trip. You’ll be making memories that you and your children will cherish forever so get set to go the extra mile making time for plenty of shows, rides, characters, and meals out.
· The Magic Kingdom should be at the top of your ‘must-visit’ list. A thrill-seekers paradise with all the classic rides including Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain, the Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
· A trip to a water park is also a priority. Make the most of a day spent cooling off whilst having a huge amount of fun! Make sure Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are at the top of your list for guaranteed giggles whilst riding tube rides, speed slides and epic wave pools.
· Disney’s Hollywood Studios takes you right into the big screen bringing some of the best loved classic movies to life. Go under the sea with Voyage of the Little Mermaid, meet Woody and Buzz for real in Toy Story….or get your light sabres at the ready to meet Darth Vader, the Stormtroopers, Chewbacca and Kylo Ren.
· Disney’s Animal Kingdom lets you experience everything from a safari to coming face to face with prehistoric dinosaurs. A must for all animal lovers here you can take it easy on the gentle rides or catch a Broadway style show like the Lion King. It’s all totally roarsome!
· Disney World has so much to offer families of all ages and interests. Current family favourites include the ‘Festival of the Lion King’ and ‘Muppetvision 3-D’ both proving to be big hits! Entry for all the shows is included in the main entry The best part is that admittance to these shows is included in the general entry price so you can watch as many as you can fit into your visit!
· EPCOT gives visitors a unique glimpse into the future where you can visit Spaceship Earth. Travel around the world indulging in the chance of sipping prosecco in Italy or meeting Anna and Elsa in Norway. Make sure you don’t miss the evening fireworks and laser show around the lake.
· Disney World is well known for having awesome family-friendly amenities along with loads of child-friendly attractions. You can even indulge in some child-free time thanks to on site babysitting services, spas, and fitness centres. The range of attractions appeal to all ages so whether you are looking for baby friendly, teen-friendly and for all those adults who are still kid-at-heart there really is something for everyone! the look on any child’s face as they meet their Disney hero like Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck really is a precious experience that can’t be recreated.
· If you’re thinking of staying on one of the parks you’ll be able to pick from a variety of family-friendly accommodations that suit every budget and taste. There are log cabins, villas, and campgrounds as well as themed hotels which are as much fun as some of the attractions!
· You could make your holiday even more memorable by dining out at some of Florida’s fantastic restaurants. Disney World boasts of some of the best table-service restaurants that include both high-end and budget priced. Our top picks include The Cooking Place, Jiko, Flying Fish Café and Flame Tree Barbecue.
Finally its worth taking advantage of the FastPass+ to skip the standby queues for major attractions and shows during your holiday to Disney. The best part is that the FastPass+ service is included in the price of the theme park ticket. However, make sure you check availability for FastPass+ selections for each day of your ticket. Another tip is to use MagicBand to enter the FastPass+ line to enjoy the fun faster. There are unique theme park tickets for Walt Disney World allowing you can visit multiple parks on the same day.
This is a sponsored post. Images courtesy of Unsplash.com.